Meet The Troops

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Advent Season!

It's finally that time of year! We LOVE the Advent season in our house and after all the fun we had last year with out Advent Activity Calendar I knew we had to do something like it again this year. But I didn't want to do all of the same things we did last Advent season, so I set out to try and find some new ideas and plan a calendar full of family fun.

Something new I found this year is Truth in the Tinsel. It's an Advent calendar all planned for you! Complete with bible verses, activities and lots of ideas. It's wonderful! So this year for our family advent activities I decided to use some of the Truth in the Tinsel along with some of my own ideas and I think it's going to be really fun!


I know this is getting posted late, but if you haven't planned to do anything for Advent with your kids yet, you should check it out, it's very complete with lots of ideas for things to talk about and do so you can pick and choose which ones would work for your family and do as few or as many as you'd like. Advent Activities shouldn't be a burden or a stress, they are suppose to be fun so don't put pressure on yourself to do it everyday if that's too much for your schedule, but even once a week leading up to Christmas helps make the season even more special as a family so I highly recommend it and encourage you to try a few things with your little ones to help celebrate the season!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment